What is Toyota Safety Sense 2.0?
At Berge’s Riverview Toyota we’re proud to offer high-quality vehicles with the benefits of Toyota Safety Sense 2.0. Here’s an overview of what this technology has to offer you and your family.
Toyota had three key areas of accident protection in mind when they designed the latest Toyota Safety Sense, 2.0:
- Preventing or Mitigating Frontal Collisions
- Keeping Drivers Within Their Lane
- Enhancing Road Safety During Nighttime Hours
That is where the 6 Active Safety Driver Assistance Systems come into play:
- Pre-Collisions System – This system utilizes your forward-facing camera and grill-mounted radar system. The vehicle is able to detect another vehicle or pedestrian, and slow to avoid a potential collision. Since the previous version, Toyota has added lowlight detection and the detection of bicycles. To learn more about this specific feature, view this video from Toyota USA.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – The front grill-mounted radar and a forward-facing camera are used to detect vehicles in front of you and automatically adjust the speed of your vehicle over a full range of speed for all automatic transmission vehicles. This also includes speed matching of other vehicles around.
- Lane Departure Alert – This system detects when your vehicle leaves the lane on relatively straight roads with clear markings. The system will alert you with an audio and visual alert if it thinks you are unintentionally going outside of the lane. If steering assist is activated in your vehicle, the power steering will automatically make small course corrections to help keep you in the lane.
- Automatic High Beams – This feature helps you to see more clearly at night while reducing glare for other drivers. The front-mounted camera is used to sense the headlights and taillights of other vehicles, and then automatically changes between high and low beams, as appropriate.
- Road Sign Assist – This is a new feature with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, that is designed to read common road signs and display them on the screen on your dash, where you find your speedometer. This brings to your attention road signs you may have missed, such as a speed limit sign.
- Lane Tracing Assist – This is another new feature of Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, and works together with the other systems to help you stay in the center of your lane. This feature uses the front-facing camera, and grill-mounted radar system to help you avoid frontal collisions, and unintentionally leaving your lane. The system does this by sensing the lines of the lane, as well as the edge of the road to gauge where the vehicle. It can then slow your vehicle when approaching another vehicle, as well as engage small course corrections through the power steering.
Explore the vehicles in our inventory that come equipped with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, here.
Want to drive a vehicle with the latest Toyota Safety Sense 2.0? Test drive one of our vehicles today, by giving us a call, or by coming by the dealership. Click here to see how we are ensuring our customers are able to purchase vehicles, and all we are doing to keep things clean and sanitized.