Top Vehicle Picks for Teen Drivers
Have a new driver in the house? Or gearing up for a new driver? While they are anticipating the freedom that comes with a driver’s license, now is a great time to consider the type of vehicle you want your teenager to be driving.
Factors to take into consideration when looking for a vehicle for your teen:
- How often will your teen use the car you are purchasing or leasing? Some families opt for giving their teen a car of their own to get themselves to school, home, events, etc. Another option is to invest in a car you or the family drives primarily and will be used by the teen periodically. Whatever the case, your teen will be behind the wheel, so take a minute to look into the safety features these vehicles have to offer.
- Another factor may be how long your teen will be driving the vehicle. Some vehicles are great for the high school years, and then trading in before they head to college can be a great option! Leasing is something to consider as well when thinking of a new vehicle for your teen or family. It can allow you to enjoy all of the latest safety features, with a lower monthly cost.
- Another thing to consider is the number of passengers. If the vehicle you are purchasing is for your family, and the teen will then drive it as needed, a larger vehicle such as a small SUV with a little more cargo space would be a great option.
- The age of the vehicle will impact the safety features included. New vehicles will allow you to enjoy the latest safety technology, like Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, however, our used vehicles also come with specific safety features in each model. Note which features are most important to you when shopping for a vehicle for your teen. Things like lane-departure alerts and blindspot warning systems are some of the most sought after features for teen drivers.
Vehicles to consider:
Toyota Camry or Camry Hybrid:
- A Five-star overall rating for crashworthiness from the NHTSA
- IIHS labeled it a Top Safety Pick+, its highest accolade for safety
- Toyota Safety Sense included in current models
- AWD systems help you navigate when the weather is less than ideal
- Five-star ratings in its frontal, side, and rollover crash tests for the Camry Hybrid from the NHTSA
Explore our Toyota Camrys here.
Toyota RAV4 or RAV4 Hybrid:
- The Remote Connect app includes a Guest Driver monitor, setting alerts for speed limits, curfews, maximum miles driven, and more
- Toyota’s New Global Architecture (TNGA) for a better ride, handling, and comfort
- TRD off-road capability
- Blue-Tooth Capabilities for making hands-free phone calls
- Apple CarPlay
Explore our RAV4 vehicles, here.
- Noted as one of the best new and used small cars for teens
- Spacious cargo area
- Excellent gas mileage that is easier on the high school budget at 54/50 est. mpg
- Toyota Safety Sense
- Enhanced Hybrid Battery Warranty, starting with the 2020 models
Explore our Prius inventory, here.
Yaris and Yaris Hatchback:
- Find a more sporty build and enjoy more cargo area in the hatchback
- Estimated 40 mpg on the highway
- Keyless entry on new models
- Bluetooth capabilities for hands-free calls
- Low-Speed Pre-Collision System
Explore our Yaris inventory, here.
Corolla or Corolla Hybrid and Hatchback:
- The Corolla Hybrid is the 2020 green car of the year
- Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth for hands-free phone calls
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 in the latest models, including an updated Pre-Collision System
- Comes in Hybrid and Hatchback editions as well
- 2020 Hybrid option comes with the new 10-year battery warranty
Explore our Corolla inventory, here.
- Unique crossover design
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 including lane departure alerts
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Blind-Spot Monitor
- LED lights with Adaptive Front-Lighting System
Explore the C-HR vehicles in our inventory, here.
Whether you are looking for a new or used vehicle for your teen, we’ll help you find the best fit at Berge’s Riverview Toyota. Come explore options, ask questions, and test drive with one of our sales representatives today!