5 Tips for Keeping Your Vehicle Clean and Sanitized
We know staying healthy, and keeping our families safe is always a priority, but especially during this global pandemic. From helping to stop the spread of COVID-19, to simply staying healthy, cleaning and disinfecting your car is not only a great habit but can be simple to maintain. Here are our five tips from Berge’s Riverview Toyota for keeping your car clean and sanitized for you and your family:
- Take the time to do a deep clean. However long it has been since your car was detailed, set aside a time to get into all the cracks and crevices that can collect dirt and dust. One way is to work from the inside out. Start with decluttering, and then pick up the dirt and dust by vacuuming and wiping down all of the surfaces. Finish it off by taking your vehicle to a touch-free car wash to clean and polish the exterior, or purchase products to give it a good wash in the driveway.
- Stock up on wipes for daily and quick cleans, hand sanitizer for daily trips, and a small trash can to maintain trash. Designating a place for sanitizing products which is easily accessible, makes it more likely you’ll use them and have them when you need it.
- Pay attention to hot-spot surfaces, or places you come in contact with regularly. Make a note of where you go and what you use most frequently. From opening the exterior car door, to changing the volume on the stereo, a quick wipe down with a disinfecting wipe can go a long way in keeping your vehicle clean and sanitized.
- Remember to clean the car seats and booster seats if your vehicles have them. Besides the crumbs from snacks, a deep clean leaves them sanitized and safe for your kids. If there are fabric parts that can be washed, include it in your deep clean. Ensure there is plenty of time for it to dry, and sanitize the rest of the plastic surfaces.
- Establish a weekly cleaning time, when you can do a quick wipe down of all of your surfaces. Whether it is as you are getting home from work, or on a Saturday morning, find a time that works for you to do a quick 5-minute wipe down to help keep your vehicle clean and sanitized for you and your family.
Thank you for helping your family and our community stay healthy. To see how we are keeping our dealership clean and safe, check out a message from our General Manager, John Stanley, here.